The Materiality Observatory
The Materiality Observatory is leading a reflection process between issuers and strategic stakeholders in the public sphere, on the identification of priority issues for companies over a period of three to five years.
Created in 2017, the Materiality Observatory pursues a collegial and unifying approach in order to move towards a more positive, more contributory and therefore more responsible economy. Its ambition is to continue and enrich the individual dynamics initiated by each of the Partner Groups, in order to jointly improve « the utility function » of their materiality approach.
The Observatory brings together the Sustainable Development Directors of major groups, and experts on identified themes, with the following objectives :
- Integrate materiality into the business model;
- Strenghten the declaration of non-financial performance;
- Specify the collective ambitions of large French companies;
- Develop dialogue with investors;
- Work in a French, European and international context.
In 2018, the working groups focused on the themes:
- Materiality of adaptation to climate change: it is better to be prepared!
- Social networks, the new Stakeholder
- Climate issues and air quality
- Lobbying and corruption